Tuesday 1 February 2011

Up the Mountain and Down Again

The Wisdomkeepers are the keepers of the sacred mountains, they hold the stories and the secrets of the universe and of life, until the time comes to share it with humanity.  Even though this wisdom flows down like silver streams of crystal water, it is so great that it has to be held for us, and given to us at the right time....imagine giving a 3 year old a book on physics, it’s not the right time. (Though I am sure they probably would get it more than we think they would!)  The path of the Wisdomkeeper is a solitary path of greatness, and great responsibility.
This night we were told we are going on a spirit journey, but this one is in the physical realm.
I am told….(and this is not a quote!) This is a solitary path, a journey we must make on our own, do not talk to each other, or to anyone who will try to talk to you, do not be tempted by them, do not make eye contact…. You may see people who will want you to talk to them; they will want you to interact with them they may ask for your help or assistance. Do not. We may find archetypes of the wounded king on the mountain, do not talk to them. Keep silent, keep focussed, and think of what you want Great Spirit to grant you. Be careful of what you ask, because it will come true. And be sure that you ask that it comes with ease and grace……
There was a real sense of nervousness in the air, especially from me!! “What am I going to say? What do I want?” We are told we may see things, there are doorways on the way up, sense them… ask permission to go through them, ask the gatekeepers….the Tor at the top used to be a part of a great castle, possibly the great kingdom of Camelot, Isle of Avalon, Kingdom of King Arthur.  Some people claim to have seen it, the castle is still there, shifting in and out of focus, in and out of time and space…..
We left the confines of our bubble like home, in silence.  We walked up the road, in my head thinking, what am I going to say? I just wish to be  a great vessel for healing and light to flow, whatever that may be, and to be a part of the changes, to help with the transition for all people and the earth, and to help bring back the divine feminine to our consciousness.  We walked to the sacred springs, two beautiful springs, one masculine, one feminine, and in the darkness of the night, we saw two drunken guys sat in-between the springs, I do not know what we must have looked like, I stifled a laugh as they called out to us;
“Oi! Wha you lot doing?......talk then!…...” 
“Ah they don’t wana talk to you mate, hahaha!” 
“Go on… talk to us….. We won’t bite, hahahaa!….whats goin on??”
We waited in line to drink from the springs, all I wanted to do was laugh! It was so funny! Laughing not only from a comedy view point, but laughing because they were the wounded kings! This can’t be happening!  A bit further down, very strange witchy characters walked past us, from where I do not know, smiling secret smiles at us, one caught my eye and I looked down very quickly, I heard someone walk past and say something to one of the group as if they knew them, the group member walked past in silence, spooky! We stopped for a moment and our guide spoke to the gatekeepers of the other realms to let us pass and be in the presence of the great king…we kept going up the dark hill, every now and then something caught my eye, fairies? Wouldn’t be shocked if it was!! I looked up and saw a huge wall, white and beautiful, I thought, “Oh, I didn’t know the Tor was quite so big…” I kept going, and looking up again, the wall was nowhere to be seen!  Did I just see a part of the Castle of Avalon?
 As I got to where I saw the wall, there was a line of rocks in the grass in the same position a wall would have been.  In my head I could almost see the walls and sense the guardians there, we stopped a few more times asking for permission to pass, we were inside the castle walls...I sensed we were in a great courtroom.  We went inside the actual Tor, and we opened sacred space……in silence and in turn we each held up our swords (rattle) and made our dedication and vows to Great Spirit, and asked for what we wanted with ease and grace, each member spoke in their own language, it was beautiful.  I felt it was my turn, and after reciting it over and over in my head, I spoke…………….but I forgot to ask that it came with ease and grace! Oh rubbish!  I whispered over and over under my breath, may it come with ease and grace, ease and grace, ease and grace.. We then toned for a while… I toned the words ease and grace!! I think it worked…after a while an eerie silence fell upon us, we closed the space down and walked outside.
As I looked up, it was as if Spirit had opened up the night sky especially for us, or opened our eyes to it, on top of the world looking out into the distance I saw my future, my responsibility, the moon glowed a beautiful orange and the star………I have never seen so many stars, like the whole sky was filled with them, beautiful and breathtaking!
The whole world was around us….I felt such humility, such honour to be a part of this....we went back to our bubble to perform a fire ceremony, we each took our bundles which we had been using throughout the week (I will explain another time) and placed them on a the fire while each of us sat in front and fed our rites with the flames.  As the Dispacho was placed in the fire we all turned around with our backs to the fire, all I could see were stars and all of our shadows as tall as trees, just like the Earthkeepers!

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog again Danny! That was me, the person spoke to! When Chris said we were not to engage with anyone, I had a funny feeling I might run into someone I knew. A friend Wrexham, and a friend from Cornwall were together in Glastonbury and I'd already synchronistically bumped into them once, and of course, there they were at the spring too.
    I wasn't sure what to do, I wished they could come too, but remembered what Chris said, so just motioned to them that I wasn't allowed to talk. One friend understood straight away, the other didn't! Luckily I synchonistically bumped into them again before I left Glastonbury (what are the chances of that! ; ) so got to see and talk to them then!

    When those people were talking by the spring, I wanted to say something, but didn't too - it's funny how these things happen. They were saying things that could have got me breaking my silence, things like about us 'conforming' etc, urging us to not 'conform' to this line and silence we were making ; ) (Individualities of people are very important to me ; ) But I also respected the process too.

    What a magical night. I too, wasn't sure what to ask for, and meditated upon it. I loved speaking Cymraeg there, when we did say what we wished for, it felt beautiful and powerful. Thanks again for the great memories : )

    ReplyDelete